- CKD non-dialysis
Serving size: 1/8 of recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 7 ounces marshmallow crème
- 16 ounces frozen strawberries in syrup
- 1 cup Reddi-Wip® Real Cream whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Thaw strawberries and chop pecans.
- Mix the flour, butter, brown sugar and pecans. Press into a 9” spring-form pan. Bake 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a food processor, mix lemon juice, marshmallow crème and strawberries until well-blended.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl. Fold in Reddi-Wip® lightly to maintain fluff.
- Pour mixture onto cooled crust. Cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze until ready to serve.
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1-1/2 fat
- 1-1/2 high calorie
- This dessert will keep for several weeks in the freezer if covered well with plastic wrap and foil.
- Nuts are high in potassium and phosphorus, but can still be used in very small amounts if your labs are controlled. The 1/3-cup pecans in this recipe provides 40 mg potassium and 28 mg phosphorus per serving.