Serving size: 1 cup, approximately (egg whites increase volume slightly)
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup liquid pasteurized egg whites
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Place strawberries in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients and continue blending until smooth.
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
- 1/2 high calorie
- Pasteurized liquid egg white is safe to consume without cooking.
- If substituting frozen fruit add 1/4 cup water instead of the 1/2 cup ice. The degree of “frozenness” will determine how much your blender will be able to take. It will also give a more “soft serve” consistency than a smoothie, which is great in the warmer season.
- Adjust sugar or low calorie sweetener to taste.